Scotsman Ice: Join the Nugget Nation
From Our Friends at SEFA and Scotsman-Ice
Ice-chewing fanatics love nugget ice, The Original Chewable IceTM invented by Scotsman Ice Systems in 1981, and the company is celebrating with a new “Luv the NugTM” campaign, a digital community that unites passionate ice chewers everywhere. Found online at LuvtheNug.com, on the Luv the Nug Facebook page and on Twitter @LuvtheNug, this interactive program invites “nug” lovers to join the “Nugget Nation,” where they can interact with others who share their passion for ice chewing. A few elements of The Luv the Nug website are:
- Visitors with a craving for nugget ice can “Find the Nug,” a feature that enables them to input their zip code and find the nearest restaurants, convenience stores or other locations with a Scotsman nugget ice machine.
- Customers can request nugget ice at their favorite eateries using the “Demand the Nug” feature. Users simply print out the Luv the Nug petition, sign and drop off at their favorite establishments. Owners can then contact Scotsman for information about purchasing a nugget ice machine.
A Scotsman Prodigy Nugget Ice Machine will offer customers a preferred beverage ingredient/ice form that provides a competitive advantage.
- 85% of customers “prefer” soft chewable ice to cube ice
- Prodigy Nugget ice machines use up to 50% less water and 17% less energy than cube ice machines
- Lower costs and increased profits! (higher liquid displacement with nugget ice equals lower costs per cup compared to cube varieties)
- AutoAlert™ external indicator lights constantly communicate the machine’s operating status, enabling the operator to know when power is on, the machine is making ice, or when normal maintenance is required, which is critical to ensuring customers get the ice they need.
In recent years, Scotsman has earned special recognition from some of the most prestigious organizations in the world.
- 2011 Energy Star® Award for Excellence in Energy-Efficient Product Design
- 2010 Foodservice Equipment and Supplies awarded Scotsman ice makers the award for Best in Class, both in the overall and dealer-voted categories.
- 2007, the Prodigy Cuber was presented with the Kitchen Innovations Award by the National Restaurant Association and was also named a finalist for the Product of the Year Award from the Foodservice Consultants Society International (FCSI) in 2006 and 2007 (Prodigy Cuber) and 2010 (Prodigy Nugget).
Scotsman, The Broadest Choice In Ice Machines in the World. To learn more, visit www.scotsman-ice.com.
From our friends at SEFA.
For more info on Scotsman Nugget Ice and Luv The Nug, visit the links supplies above and make sure to check out their YouTube account for cool videos and demonstrations!
Tagged with: Foodservice Consultants Society International • Luv The Nug • national restaurant association • nra • Nug • Nugget Ice • Nugget Nation • Product of the Year • Scotsman- Ice • SEFA • The Original Chewable Ice