REW is proud to present the first installment in a new series of tips and tricks on how to safely and efficiently protect your customers from foodborne illness.
This Week’s Topic: The Receiving Dock and You
Here are some tips from the pros:
- Use durable and efficient brooms, mops, buckets, etc., to keep the receiving area clean.
- Make sure the area is well lit to discourage pests.
- Air curtains act as thermal, bug and dust barriers in doorways, thereby saving energy and increasing comfort.
- Place incoming shipments on dunnage racks to keep them off the dock floor.
- Check and record the temperature of food shipments as they arrive.
- Keep thermometers and sanitizer test strips handy
for use throughout your area of operation.
- Check and record all expiration dates and package
integrity. Refuse, quarantine, or return any products that
fail your checks.
Next weeks installment: Dry Storage: Friend, or Foe?
Tagged with: air curtains • brooms • cleaning supplies • Dry Storage • dunnage • food prep • Food Safety • Food Service • food temperature • foodborn illness • From Dock to Dining • illness • IMDB • Indiana Jones • lighting • Loading Dock • mops • package inspection • pests • REW • SANJAMAR • SEFA • slamonella • The Pest